Schera’s Restaurant, Elkader is hosting Abu Nawas’ First Anniversary Craft Beer Tasting Saturday, May 4 from 1pm to 5pm.
Tickets are $25 per person in advance or $30 at the door. The tasting includes fifteen three-ounce pours of some of the best beer in the Abu Nawas Portfolio. Additional beers are available on a cash basis.
Please note that no one under 21 will be allowed in the bar during the tasting.
Abu Nawas is the Elkader-based craft beer distributor that has brought a whole portfolio of exciting craft and import beers to the Iowa market. Their products can be found across the state from the Quad Cities to Sioux City. Click here to visit Abu Nawas Beverage Co.’s facebook page.
The final beer list
1. Maracaibo Especial, Jolly Pumpkin (American Brown Ale)
2. Prairie Somewhere, Prairie Artisan Ales/Saint Somewhere (Saison)
3. Luciernaga, Jolly Pumpkin (Belgian Pale Ale)
4. Wheat is the New Hops, Mikkeler/Grass Roots(Hill Farmstead) (American IPA)
5. Taras Boulba, De La Senne (Belgian Pale Ale)
6. Sort Gul, Mikkeler (Black IPA)
7. Eku Pils, Kulmbacer (German Pilsener)
8. Kapuziner Weissebier, Kulmbacher (Hefeweizen)
9. Nebuchadnezzar, Onmipollo (Imperial IPA)
10. Koutska 10, Koutska (Czech Pilsner)
11. Plastic Man, Evil Twin/Local Option (Saison)
12. Lower Dens, Stillwater (Herbed/Spiced Beer)
13. Dampf Loc, Local Option (Steam Beer)
14. La Trappe Witte, Koningshoeven (Witbier)
15. Even More Jesus, Evil Twin (American Imperial Stout)
Abu Nawas Owner, Frederique Boudouani and Sales Manager, Kevin Roberts will be on hand to discuss the beers on tap.
“Last year was a great event and this year will be even better! Don’t miss out!”
For advance tickets, please call Schera’s at 563-245-1992 with a credit card. Pre-orders will be available for pickup at the door. Tickets are limited so don’t miss this amazing chance to try some of the really amazing beers that Abu Nawas is bringing to Iowa.
Stayed tuned for new additions to the beer selection.