Schera’s is delighted to host Zwanze Day 2014. Perhaps the most anticipated annual release in the world of beer, the Zwanze Day beer from Cantillon is only available on tap at 52 locations throughout the world on one day only. Brewer Jean van Roy at Cantillon, the premiere lambic brewery in the world, creates a unique beer for each Zwanze Day, and this year is no exception. Cuvee Florian, this year’s Zwanze, is a blend of three-year-old Iris Grand Cru with some Kriek to provide mellow fruitiness. It’s then cold-hopped with a handful of delicate Bramling Cross hops. The beer is named after Jean van Roy’s son Florian, who, upon his 18th birthday last May, received a keg of this beer as a birthday gift. Such are the perks of being a lambic maker’s son!
Read more about Cantillon on their website and facebook page.
Due to the nature of the event, and to ensure everyone has a great experience, a limited number of tickets will be made available. The rules for the event are outlined below.
1. Tickets are required for this event and must be purchased in advance. In the case that tickets do not sell out before the event, they may be offered at the door on the day of the event. Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 10:30am.
2. Tickets may be purchased in person at Schera’s or over the phone at 563-245-1992 with a credit card. Customers will be charged for the tickets at the time of the sale. No refunds will be given; however, tickets are transferable. Please contact the restaurant for more details about transferring tickets.
3. Customers will receive their tickets at the door on the day of the event. A valid driver’s license may be requested. One set of tickets per person. Ticket sets may not be shared among 2 or more people.
4. All attendees must be at least 21 years of age. We reserve the right to request ID before and during the event. Any tickets purchased by or for people under the age of 21 will be forfeit without a refund.
5. The ticket pack consists of 6 tickets: 1 blue ticket for 6oz Cantillon Zwanze pour, 1 red ticket for 4oz Cantillon Mamouche pour, 1 yellow ticket for 4oz Cantillon Gueze pour, 1 green ticket for 4 oz Cantillon St. Gilloise pour, 1 orange ticket for 4oz 4yr-old Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza pour, 1 white ticket for a machoui (slow-roasted Algerian lamb) sandwich and sides (which will include vegetarian options).
6. Ticket packs are $60 per person (with 7% tax, $64.20), and includes a commemorative Schera’s/Zwanze day glass to take home with you.
7. Zwanze Day will take place from 12pm to 5pm on Saturday, September 20th, 2014. Because of the ticketing process, every person with a ticket is guaranteed a pour of that beer. Therefore, people can start the event at any point throughout the time period and proceed at their own pace. However, all tickets must be redeemed by the event’s close at 5pm to guarantee a pour.
8. If at the end of the event any of the ticketed beers remain, additional 6oz. pours will be sold for $8 each.
9. Other beer draws will be available during the event for regular price. Refer to the current beer list for selection options. The kitchen will be closed for the duration of the event.
10. During the event, Schera’s will be closed to the general public. After the event, Schera’s will open for limited dinner service at 6pm for reservations only. If you would like to stay for dinner, please make a reservation before the event.
11. A very limited amount of Cantillon bottles will be available for take-out sales during the event. Due to limited availability, we will restrict sales to three (3) bottles per person.
12. T-shirts will be available on the day of the event for $20.
13. Designated drivers are welcome to join. Admission is $15 ($16.05 with 7% sales tax) and includes a white ticket for a machoui (slow-roasted Algerian lamb) sandwich, sides (which will include vegetarian options), and non-alcoholic beverage. We request that designated driver tickets be purchased with regular Zwanze tickets.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 563-245-1992.